Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Just Another Day

So a few days ago I started to notice that my car battery might need to be replaced. Today I started to feel more of a 'sense of urgency' to get it replaced and called around for some pricing.  At one point in time I went out to check what type of battery it was and realized I didn't know how to "pop the hood".  I know this sounds like the beginning of a blond joke but it gets better, at my expense of course.  I knew where the lever was to pop the hood, but I couldn't find the latch underneath to release the hood.  At that point in time I thought I would abort mission and have someone else take care of it.  Of course I couldn't seem to close my hood after that.  I put all my body weight into it and tried various ways to get it latched closed.  I couldn't get it all the way open or shut at this point in time.

Fortunately, one of my coworkes, Blake Wilson (and yes remember that name because he will play a very important part of this story).  was in the area and stopped by to show me how to open and close my car hood.  After that, the plan was to pick up Sam and head straight to Sears to get a new battery.  I drove to the school to wait for the highlight of my day, which of course is picking up Sam (unless he was naughty which will be another post).  He gets in the car and grrrrrrrrr goes the car.  Yes, that's code for dead battery.

Thankfully, Blake was willing to head back out to the Riverton, which to some people is like the Nevada border and give us a jumpstart and accompany us to the O'Reilly's Auto store to get a new battery.  To Sam, Blake and Carlos, who was the very helpful employee I am sorry you had to see me break down sobbing as I purchased my new battery.  Apparently my car was not the only thing that needed a charge!  Lessons learned today is don't procrastinate and don't wear ballet flats with no socks in the winter.  Thanks again Blake for going the extra mile to help us out

3 comments:

  1. i hope you have some ice cream at home to help eat those feelings away. yay for blake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for great people! Sorry you've had a bad day. Would it help to know your pictures about 2 days away from being done!?!

    ReplyDelete